Job Title : System Engineer/Incident and Service Request Management
Key Accountabilities :
- Perform the system administration tasks and technical support of servers and operating system platforms for both UNIX-based and Window servers.
- Install, customize and maintain the systems software (inclusive of software for bandwidth monitoring, Web administering, server availability monitoring, etc. if applicable), such as housekeeping of servers, user account management and ensuring the systems is kept virus-free.
- Support all installation activities with complete documentation.
- Perform the OS tightening adhering to defined procedure and checklist. Maintain the operating system in such a way that it is secure against unauthorized access.
- Deploy and deliver the project deliverables as stated in the project scopes extracted from the proposal/contract.
- Update the Infrastructure team lead on the project progress and status.
- Implement changes through Change Management Process on system components. Ensure change impact is evaluated, contingency plan and test plans are created to support the change request.
- Build, configure, and rollout new releases through Release Management Process on system components that affect operations. Organize training for new releases where necessary.
- Identify, isolate, resolve, escalate and close problem ticket according to ITSM Incident Management Process.
- Ensure backup and recovery of system components is carried out, so that critical services can continue in the event of a disaster.
- Knowledge on Netbackup, Hitachi, EMC and Netapp required.
- Work with principal hardware or software vendors to resolve problems and implement new technologies.
Areas of Responsibility :
1. Incident Management
- Monitoring new incidents
- Working on incidents assigned
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Timely follow-up and closure of incidents
- Updating and resolving incidents status in ITSM system
2. Service Request Fulfilment
- Monitoring of new service request (SR)
- Work on SR assigned
- Setup and configure new systems
- Hardening of OS and applications
- Timely follow-up and closure of SR
- Updating SR status in ITSM System and closure of SR
- Updating Asset Management team on asset issued / returned
3. Monthly Patching
- Patching of systems
- Testing upon completion of patching
4. 24 x 7 standby support
- 24 x 7 standby support and to go onsite as and when required
5. Daily health check/Escort vendor
- Daily health check and submission of daily health check report
- Escort vendor when request are raised